mAgNoLia 2

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Imagine What is "Safe"

I don’t know about you guys but this one is going to be challenge for me, but one I think is VERY worthwhile; what is “safe”? I think this is one that definitely merits contemplation. A wonderful friend Jill Loftis who owns Uttara Yoga Studio http://uttarayogastudio.blogspot.com/ said to me a while back that we are moving from a time of safe places to safe people. This really registered with me and I have dwelled on what it means and more and more I am seeing the proof of it. For me where I am at right now in my journey is that I am learning that it is safe for the light of who I am and the gifts that I have to offer be truly seen and shared. I am finding that people, relationships, things, processes that no longer work, that no longer serve my journey moving forward, are being broken down and moved out and I have seen and heard about this happening in many other people’s lives too . The message; if this is happening with you, you are not alone – the whole friggin’ planet is caught up in the midst of this transformation; even those that are resisting and fighting it tooth and nail (Muammar Gaddafi for example) are caught up in it. It is an important time to go with your flow and especially to trust your intuition and let go of what drags you down and drains your energy.

So, what does safe look like, feel like, smell like . . . to you? An image can speak a thousand words, what words will your painting, photograph, collage, mono print, sculpture, etcetera speak for you? What does YOUR voice have to say regarding being/feeling/knowing “safe”? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sonya,
    Julie from In Cahoots here. just stopping by from the facebook group Imaginary.Trying to get a feel for who is in the group, blogs, art etc. Its always nice to know who you are working with. Do you post both places for the weekly challenge? I am needing a wee bit of inspiration these days. Lost it last week and waiting for it to be found again...fast! Julie

    ReplyDelete